Alison Green (@AskAManager) ran a post the other day called "Resume Paper is Obsolete."
It got me to thinking about some of the interesting ways that resumes have been presented/submitted to me:
- Sent via FedEx; receipt signature required
- As a “book” complete with illustrated cover and bound with plastic binding spines
- In a three ring binder with tabbed sections
- Handwritten on lined paper which was obviously torn from a notebook
- In a picture frame
- A copy of a copy of a copy with the distinctive purpled-tinged ink from a mimeograph machine
- On an index card
And lest you assume...